Timber design pioneers: driving innovation with process solutions
In This Series
- Assessment of the durability and engineering properties of lesser-known hardwood timber species for use in marine and freshwater construction
- Avoiding landfill through effective wood waste disposal and a shift in product focus
- Bracing for non-domestic timber trussed rafter roofs
- Cross-laminated timber: an introduction
- Environmentally responsible construction: Community wood recycling
Timber design pioneers explores how collaboration can drive innovation in design and construction.
Chapter 5, Driving innovation with process solutions, features three very different and remarkable projects:
- Hastings Pier
- Look! Look! Look!
- Alfriston School Swimming Pool
Chapter 5 includes interviews with:
- Sadie Morgan, dRMM
- Alan Dowdall, Ramboll
- Heather and Ivan Morison, Studio Morison
- Paul Sidebotham, Artura
- David Storring, Morris + Company
- Andy Downey, Elliott Wood
An inspiring aspect of this publication is the willingness of timber experts across the design team to learn from each other. The ability to recognise that the expertise of individuals in the project team can help to resolve some of the toughest technical problems has to be admired. Effective collaboration has enabled timber to reach its highest potential and that should be celebrated.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
A list of British Standards which relate directly to timber, updated bimonthly.