Technical bulletin: UKCA marking
In This Series
- Assessment of the durability and engineering properties of lesser-known hardwood timber species for use in marine and freshwater construction
- Avoiding landfill through effective wood waste disposal and a shift in product focus
- Bracing for non-domestic timber trussed rafter roofs
- Cross-laminated timber: an introduction
- Environmentally responsible construction: Community wood recycling
This bulletin summarises the key points that the construction industry must be aware of throughout 2021. Some gaps still exist and guidance may change throughout the year.
- Summary of the EU CPR (including harmonised standards and European Assessment Documents)
- Summary of the UK CPR (including 2019 and 2020 Amendments)
- Manufacturer obligations (including dual marking, third country status and conformity)
- Authorised representative obligations
- Importer obligations
- The risk of divergence in the regulation of construction products
- Annex A – a list of EU tertiary legislation adopted by the UK CPR.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...
Repairs become necessary when a building is no longer safe or serviceable for its intended purpose, or to restore or improve its appearance, performance or function.
Timber structures can be repaired using traditional all-timber methods, mechanical fasteners and adhesives, but only following survey and assessment that take account of...