In This Series
- Assessment of the durability and engineering properties of lesser-known hardwood timber species for use in marine and freshwater construction
- Avoiding landfill through effective wood waste disposal and a shift in product focus
- Bracing for non-domestic timber trussed rafter roofs
- Environmentally responsible construction: Community wood recycling
- Joinery - saving on timber waste disposal and heating cost
PanelGuide V4 gives information on the properties, applications and end uses of all the main types of wood-based panel:
- medium density fibreboard (MDF)
- fibreboard (hardboard, mediumboard, softboard)
- oriented strand board (OSB)
- particleboard (chipboard, flaxboard, cement-bonded particleboard)
- plywood (including blockboard and laminboard).
This interactive PDF is aimed at construction professionals (specifiers, designers, building engineers, architects), panel manufacturers, distributors and users. It provides guidance on current legislation and the design/decision-making process involved in selecting a panel for a specific end use.
- Panels for use in construction
- Panels for non-construction use
- Storage, handling, cutting, fixing and finishing
- Environmental aspects
- Health and safety
- Annex 1 - Glossary of terms
- Annex 2 - Types of wood-based panel
- Annex 3 - Code of practice for particleboard and OSB floating floors (WPIF Industry Standard)
- Annex 4 - Acknowledgements
Panel Guide is a collaborative publication with technical input from TRADA, The Wood Panel Industries Federation and the Timber Trade Federation.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by BM TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members from £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
A list of British Standards which relate directly to timber, updated bimonthly.