Lightweight steel and timber composite solutions: Information and guidance for new product development
In This Series
- Assessment of the durability and engineering properties of lesser-known hardwood timber species for use in marine and freshwater construction
- Avoiding landfill through effective wood waste disposal and a shift in product focus
- Bracing for non-domestic timber trussed rafter roofs
- Cross-laminated timber: an introduction
- Environmentally responsible construction: Community wood recycling
This report is the result of a collaborative SCI/TRADA research project investigating the potential for development of steel/timber composite components for use in building. Products identified as showing potential for development included: steel stud wall panels clad with plywood sheathing, lightweight timber web-steel flange joists and steel decking with timber-based floor boarding.
- Existing dry wall construction
- Existing suspended floor construction
- New wall solutions
- New floor solutions
- Concluding remark
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
With engineered timber becoming an increasingly prevalent component in construction, it is important for members of the construction industry to understand not only the benefits and properties of Engineered wood products, but also the different types.
With modified wood products being improved upon on a seemingly daily basis, this...
Timber design pioneers explores how collaboration can drive innovation in design and construction.
Chapter 5, Driving innovation with process solutions, features three very different and remarkable projects:
- Hastings Pier
- Look! Look! Look!
- Alfriston School Swimming Pool
Chapter 5 includes interviews with:
- Sadie Morgan, dRMM