Rising and going
In This Series
My favourite description of the process of designing a staircase is that it is 'a mathematical solution to the problem of moving safely from one floor level to the next' (coined by Kevin Jones, Technical Consultant for Archwood Limited t/a Richard Burbidge).
All stair users want to feel safe,...
PanelGuide V4 gives information on the properties, applications and end uses of all the main types of wood-based panel:
- medium density fibreboard (MDF)
- fibreboard (hardboard, mediumboard, softboard)
- oriented strand board (OSB)
- particleboard (chipboard, flaxboard, cement-bonded particleboard)
- plywood (including blockboard and laminboard).
This interactive PDF is aimed at construction professionals (specifiers, designers,...
Design is just as important as number crunching, says Keerthi Ranasinghe.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2014