State of Trade Survey 2019 Q4
- Construction product manufacturers revealed a mixed picture for Q4, with an equal proportion of firms reporting a rise and fall in sales volumes
- 21% of heavy side firms and 29% of light side firms reported that they anticipated sales rising over 2020
- 14% of light side firms reported an annual increase in headcount, the lowest balance in two years
- Cost inflation continued in Q4, but the balances were the lowest in nearly four years
- Wage bills remained a key driver of cost inflation, according to 93% of heavy side and 90% of light side firms
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...
Repairs become necessary when a building is no longer safe or serviceable for its intended purpose, or to restore or improve its appearance, performance or function.
Timber structures can be repaired using traditional all-timber methods, mechanical fasteners and adhesives, but only following survey and assessment that take account of...