State of Trade Survey 2019 Q3
- 3% of heavy side firms reported that sales fell in Q3, the second consecutive quarter of decline
- 54% of light side firms reported that sales rose in Q3, the highest balance since 2017 Q2
- Sales expectations for the next 12 months were muted, with 11% of heavy side firms anticipating a fall, the first negative balance in seven years
- Hiring remained weak in Q3, with the heavy side recording the lowest balance since in nearly six years
- Wage bills rose for 73% of heavy side firms and 83% of light side firms
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...
Repairs become necessary when a building is no longer safe or serviceable for its intended purpose, or to restore or improve its appearance, performance or function.
Timber structures can be repaired using traditional all-timber methods, mechanical fasteners and adhesives, but only following survey and assessment that take account of...