State of Trade Survey 2018 Q4
- 27% of heavy side firms and half of light side firms reported that sales rose during the fourth quarter of 2018.
- 73% of heavy side product manufacturers and 35% of light side product manufacturers reported that they anticipated sales rising over the coming year.
- Cost increases were reported by 80% of heavy side manufacturers and 74% of those on the light side, the highest balances since Q1.
- Wages and salaries drove cost inflation, according to 82% of heavy side firms and 94% of light side firms.
- Export growth remained weak in Q4, with the light side reporting a second consecutive quarter of decline.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
The resistance to sound is not just a legal requirement; designers should take account of the expected transmission of sound between dwellings, between rooms and from outside, and design the walls and floors accordingly.
The Building Regulations require that occupants of a dwelling be 'reasonably protected' from noise...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...