Construction Industry Forecast Winter 2018/2019
- Construction output to rise by 0.3% in 2019 and 1.6% in 2020
- Private housing starts to rise 2.0% in 2019 and 1.0% in 2020
- Offices construction to decline 20.0% in 2019 and 2.0% in 2020
- Retail construction to fall 4.0% in 2019 and remain flat (0.0%) in 2020
- Infrastructure work to rise by 8.8% in 2019 and 7.7% in 2020
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...