Wood in town and country - circa 1950s
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
The well-known environmental advantages of using timber as a construction material, coupled with the wider technical and performance benefits of products such as cross-laminated timber (CLT) and glued laminated timber (glulam), are enabling the construction industry to deliver innovative and cost effective timber buildings.
Article from Timber 2016 Industry Yearbook
Ben Sharples looks at the considerations for durable timber fencing.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2015
Andrew Lawrence, Arup's Timber Specialist, discusses the potential for tall wood buildings.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2014