WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WOODWORM - May 1963
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
What is woodworm
Woodworm is a loose term us ed to describe the presence of holes in timber. The most common form of woodworm attack on timber in Great Britain is"by the common furniture beetle and the powder post beetle; other insects which attack wood and that are of occasional local importance are the house longhorn' beetle, the deathwatch beetle and wood boring weevils. This leaflet is concerned with these pests which spend part of their life us in, timber as food and thereby causing damage.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
The resistance to sound is not just a legal requirement; designers should take account of the expected transmission of sound between dwellings, between rooms and from outside, and design the walls and floors accordingly.
The Building Regulations require that occupants of a dwelling be 'reasonably protected' from noise...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...