TRADA newsletters 1969
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
INCREASED TTF GRANT FOR TRADA
It is our wish to put on record our thanks to the TTF and to our timber trade members for having agreed to increase the trade contribution to TRADA from £110,000 to £140,000 for each of the next three years 1970/71/72. Not only is the increase a gratifying expression of confidence in TRADA, but the three-year commitment will enable us to plan ahead with confidence.
The resistance to sound is not just a legal requirement; designers should take account of the expected transmission of sound between dwellings, between rooms and from outside, and design the walls and floors accordingly.
The Building Regulations require that occupants of a dwelling be 'reasonably protected' from noise...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...