TRADA newsletters 1967
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
NEW MINISTRY OF TECHNOLOGY GRANT
The Council of TRADA has accepted the new Ministry of Technology offer of grant for the next five years. For 1968, 1969 and 1970 TRADA will have to raise a minimum industrial annual income of £ 100,000 to attract a grant of 55"!. of that income, up to a maximum total grant of £ 8.0.000 for the year. For 1971 and 1972, the Ministry will make an annual grant to TRADA of 50"/0 of the minimum annual income of £100,000 up to a maximum total grant of £ 80.000 for the year.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...