TRADA newsletters 1965
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
PROGRESS IN TIMBER DEVELOPMENT
An eight-page supplement on timber - its uses and development - was published in the Financial Times on November 29th. This was jointly organised by TRADA and the T. T.F. The supplement covered timber supplies and handling, research, flooring, home-produced timber, packaging, components in building, hospital and school building, wood in docks and sea defences, housing, preservation and finishes.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
The resistance to sound is not just a legal requirement; designers should take account of the expected transmission of sound between dwellings, between rooms and from outside, and design the walls and floors accordingly.
The Building Regulations require that occupants of a dwelling be 'reasonably protected' from noise...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...