The Aims and Activities of teh TDA with a brief summary of services - circa 1940s
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
The Timber Development Association was founded in 1934, with the main object of promoting the efficient use of timber. . In pursuit of this aim the Association undertakes and sponsors. research, design and education; it collects and disseminates· . information, and offers technical advice to architects, builders, engineers, designers, manufacturers, public authorities and other consumers, on any problem relating to the use of wood.
This document contains a fully comprehensive list of all the most up to date Wood Information Sheets (WIS) published by TRADA. Available to members for free or non-members for £12.00, these Wood Information Sheets provide technical guidance related to almost every timber topic under the sun.
- Timber -...
Although there is an increasing interest and application in using adhesive-bonded connections for new buildings, the main demand for this technology in the UK is for repairs to structural timbers. The original concept was aimed at repairing historic structures. However, the technology is increasingly being used for repairing modern materials...
Adhesives are widely used in non-structural applications such as furniture manufacture and joinery. They are also used in the manufacture of panel products such as plywood, particleboard, fibreboard and oriented strandboard (OSB), of which some grades are used structurally.
Glulam and structural timber composites such as cross laminated...