solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
- resistance of wood to decay - June 1974
Ever since the Government requested the advice of an Independent Panel on Forestry, British-grown timbers have been a hot topic in the industry, yet many people remain unaware of just how much of their timber is sourced from British forests.
With one-third of the total sawn timber and almost two-thirds of...
The term 'timber engineering hardware' encompasses a diverse range of metal components made of steel plate, sheet or strip, which are used to connect timber members together, usually in conjunction with dowel-type metal fasteners.
Timber engineering components have widely replaced traditional carpentry joints, due to their ease of use,...
The well-known environmental advantages of using timber as a construction material, coupled with the wider technical and performance benefits of products such as cross-laminated timber (CLT) and glued laminated timber (glulam), are enabling the construction industry to deliver innovative and cost effective timber buildings.
Article from Timber 2016 Industry Yearbook