SILVIO MESSA: EUROPEAN FIRE TEST PROGRAMMES IN RELATION TO TIMBER - July 1993
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
When Gavin Hall invited me to present a paper on European fire test programmes in relation to timber at this Conference, we both were persuaded that for the end of June 1993 we might have well known the direction taken by the research programmes that should have started at the end of 1992.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook