MARINE BORER RESISTANCE OF TIMBERS - October 1967
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
Timber, by virtue of its physical and mechanical properties, has many advantages as a material for dock and harbour construction, boatbuilding and other uses involving exposure to the marine environment.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook