Karine Tests on Preservative Treated Timber at Shoreham 9th annual report - December 1965
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
This is the ninth anwaJ. report on the preservative treated timbers exposed in Shoreham Harbour. Sussex. The work is carried out in co-operation with the British Wood Preserving Association. The report describes the results of marine exposure on thirty four different preservative treatments. At present eleven preservative treatments remain on test.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook