INTERIM REPORT ON MARINE BORER TESTS IN POOLE AND SHOREHAM HARBOURS - 1962
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
In 1955 the Executive Committee authorised the Technical Committee to proceed with certain service tests in Poole and Shoreham Harbours, responsibility for these tests being-transferred to the Service Records & Service Tests Committee at a meeting of the Executive Committee in October, 1956.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook