Basic sizes of socftwoods and hardwoods - November 1991
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
The UK imports timber from many parts of the world in addition to producing some of its own. This provides a wide choice of species for the user but, since there is as yet no effective international standardization of measurement, it also results in a relatively wide range of basic sizes.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook