2020 Vision - a research and innovation strategy for the UK furniture industry
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
2020 Vision identifies key criteria that will impact on the UK furniture industry over the next 20 years. This report provides a research and innovation strategy for the UK furniture industry. It has been formulated by an independent working group comprising strategic thinkers representing each sector of the UK furniture industry.
The UK Furniture Industry
- Industry structure
- Industry status
- UK sales by market segment
- Furniture market forecasts for the year 2002
Strategy for the Future
- Identifying and addressing the issues
- Goals and objectives
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
Exposed timber structures sympathetic to their rural surroundings are at the heart of a recently opened motorway service station in Gloucester.
Article from Timber 2018 Industry Yearbook