1991 International Timber Engineering Conference, London
In This Series
- 9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
Samples were taken from 118 sheets of five different hoard types, three 16 mm and two 20 mm thick, with individual sheets of material being picked at random by the manufacturers at the rate of one sheet per shift. The cutting plan is given in Figure I. Samples were numbered individually, so results from any test could be related both tn the position of the sample in the original sheet of material and to results from the different types of tests conducted on adjoining samples. The first three numbers in each sample identification code indicate the sheet from which it was cut, with the first numeral indicating the board type.
The well-known environmental advantages of using timber as a construction material, coupled with the wider technical and performance benefits of products such as cross-laminated timber (CLT) and glued laminated timber (glulam), are enabling the construction industry to deliver innovative and cost effective timber buildings.
Article from Timber 2016 Industry Yearbook
Ben Sharples looks at the considerations for durable timber fencing.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2015
Andrew Lawrence, Arup's Timber Specialist, discusses the potential for tall wood buildings.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2014