23 April 2019
Solid Wood Solutions returns in May
Back by overwhelming demand, the Solid Wood Solutions conference and exhibition celebrates the rapid upward trajectory of materials such as cross-laminated timber, which are now available as sustainable, structural alternatives to steel and concrete. Come along to the Inmarsat, London, on 21 May 2019 for a day of discussion, networking and innovation alongside today’s forerunners of the engineered timber industry.
Solid Wood Solutions will address timber’s use in the construction industry as a versatile, natural material that is undergoing a revival where it is used in widespread applications from high-quality architecture to the realisation of contemporary and sustainable buildings.
- Nick Milestone, Chairman, TRADA
- Anthony Thistleton, Founding Director, Waugh Thistleton Architects
- Ricardo Candel, Technical Director, AKT II
- Kelly Harrison, Associate, Heyne Tillett Steel
- John Spittle, UK Representative - Wiehag
- Frank Werling, Head of Technical, Engineering & Design, Metsä Wood UK
- Andrew King, Director, Constructional Timber
- Robin Dryer, Director, Chadwick Dryer Clarke
- Panayiotis Papastavrou, Senior Engineer, Smith and Wallwork
- Andrew Goodwin, Managing Director, B&K Structures
- Daniel Kreissig, Sales Engineer UK, ZÜBLIN Timber
- Jannick Jahnke, Sales Engineer, Simonin SAS
- Alex de Rijke, Founding Director, dRMM Architects
- Rainer Strauch, Director Technical Operations, Cree By Rhomberg
- Gareth Mason, UK Business Development Manager, Stora Enso
We’re proud that TRADA members are due to dominate this year’s stage and will between them deliver on a wide range of subjects – encompassing case studies, innovation, and stimulating debates. TRADA Chairman Nick Milestone is also due to chair at the one-day event.
As engineered timber technology is one of the fastest growing offsite methods of construction, this event is designed to inspire through innovation. The event consists of a bespoke exhibition of circa 25-30 companies from within the CLT, LVL and glulam technology sectors, plus complementary solutions such as SIPS and cladding/fenestration solutions.
Solid Wood Solutions will take place on 21 May 2019 at the Inmarsat, London. Tickets to this popular event are £125 + VAT, which includes refreshments and lunch. TRADA Members receive a 15% discount on any new delegate tickets – simply enter the promotional code TRADA15 when booking your place at www.solidwoodsolutions.co.uk
For further information on exhibiting, please email Andrew Tansell on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 290001.
27 June 2019
Case Study: Woodland Classrooms, Belvue School
24 June 2019
Timber decking 3rd edition added to Books Online
24 June 2019
ICE: Call for papers
18 June 2019