22 June 2017
New Yearbook articles available online
TRADA's much-respected Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook is now available to view online. The articles – which cover some of the hottest topics in timber - are available on the website for anyone to download for FREE.
The Yearbook features a broad cross-section of articles on a wide range of timber-related topics written by some of the country’s leading experts in their fields.
In his article entitled High performance: Olympic Park engineered timber architecture is a winner, Toby Maclean, Principal of engineering consultancy firm Entuitive, looks at how the Timber Lodge and Tumbling Bay playground in London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the first project of the park’s legacy phase, showcased the potential of natural and engineered timber for buildings in the landscape.
Moving towards a second generation of Eurocodes sees Exova BM TRADA's Principal Structural Engineer Dr Keerthi Ranasinghe provide an update on the latest developments on this comprehensive set of design standards.
Meanwhile, Ron Bakker, founding partner of PLP Architecture, discusses a recent research project on tall timber buildings in his article A wooden tower: the seeds of an idea.
The full list of articles is as follows:
- Is wood good for your health?
- World of wood
- A place of refuge
- National Structural Timber Specification – one year on
- Dynamic response of timber flitch beams
- Timber hybrid construction – an engineer’s perspective
- The vertical timber city
- A wooden tower: the seeds of an idea
- The durability and structural design of cross-laminated timber (CLT) structures
- How does CLT perform in a fire?
- Timber industry unites behind Fire Door Safety Week
- Preserving traditional timber cladding
- High performance: Olympic Park engineered timber architecture is a winner
- Further developments in modified wood products
- An update on grading timber for structural use
- Moving towards a second generation of Eurocodes
- Demystifying the new quality management and environmental management standards
- Bamboo: fad or foe?
- Delivering sustainability: what does the construction industry want from its timber and timber product suppliers?
- Action needed to maintain UK wood supply
- Nearshoring: the industry market trend in hardwood flooring
- Enhancing the security of windows and doors
- Understanding the regulations governing windows and doors
24 October 2017
Avoiding a condensation crisis
24 October 2017
In-depth guidance on CLT for designers
23 October 2017