26 January 2021
Introduction to wood-based panel products WIS receives major revision
The Wood Information Sheet (WIS) Introduction to wood-based panel products has received major updates, following a systematic review along with changes to CE marking post-Brexit.
The WIS is an overview of wood-based panels and outlines the manufacture and characteristics of the basic types, as well as a sample of the speciality products derived from them.
It covers: veneer plywood, wood core plywood, wood particleboard (chipboard), cement-bonded particleboard, oriented strand board (OSB), and fibre building boards.
- Removal of BS 5268 reference
- Description of veneer plywood
- Specification of wood particleboard
- Description and use of OSB
- More detail on types of plywood and related Standards
- New section on construction plywood
- Amends to the performance of plywood
- Amends to the marine plywood section
- Amends to the performance of particleboard
- Additional technical details added to the OSB section
- Amends relating to CE marking and the new UKCA marking post-Brexit.
Minor updates have also been made to the WIS Specification and use of wood-based panels in exterior and high humidity situations. These include:
Members can download a free copy of the Wood Information Sheets Introduction to wood-based panel products and Specification and use of wood-based panels in exterior and high humidity situations. WIS sheets are available to non-members too – purchase a PDF or a hardcopy at the TRADA Bookshop.
25 February 2021
New Case Study: The Colour Palace
22 February 2021
Member News: Rothoblaas launches international design competition
17 February 2021