28 February 2022
BM TRADA at Futurebuild 2022
The BM TRADA timber team is exhibiting at Futurebuild this week. Visit us on stand E52 for expert advice, an exclusive bookshop discount, FREE copies of the Timber 2022 Industry Yearbook, and more!
Futurebuild is pioneering the drive to net zero. Its mission is to cultivate cross sector collaboration to inspire the transformational change needed to propel the construction industry to the ambitious goal of achieving net-zero.
The next edition of Futurebuild will take place on the 1–3 March 2022 at London’s ExCeL. Around 20,000+ specifiers, decision-makers and disruptors are expected to attend to find new products and solutions.
Meet the team
Technical timber experts
Our team of experts – who also host our webinars, write our publications, and provide training across the UK – answer thousands of calls via our technical timber helpline every year, making them the perfect resource for all your timber-related needs. Just come along and pose your question to one of the technical staff on stand E52, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Timber 2022 Industry Yearbook
Claim your free copy
This year's edition includes:
- over 200 pages packed with timber features and technical articles
- a new 'timber technology' section, sharing expertise from our in-house timber consultants
- a directory of BM TRADA certified companies providing timber products and services.
With all of the above, it's the perfect one-stop source for timber. Example articles include 'Moisture dynamics – the durability of CLT' and 'Explaining UKCA marking'.
Have your eye on something?
With our exclusive show discount of 10% off when you buy at Futurebuild, it's the perfect opportunity to pick up one of our timber bestsellers. BM TRADA publications include:
- Designing timber structures: an introduction
- Cross-laminated timber: design and performance
- Structural timber elements: a pre-scheme design guide 2nd edition
- Timber frame construction: designing for high performance 5th edition
Join us on the Keynote Stages
The Keynote Stages offer solutions-focused content delivered by industry-leading partners, and share the latest thinking and research in order to educate, inform and inspire visitors to make a positive change. We're excited to be curating the following session on Keynote Stage Two:
| Tuesday, 1 March 2022 (10:15–11:00): Overcoming the difficulties of building innovative construction systems: an alternative approach to mob-handed meetings with the insurers
Why is it so difficult to get innovative construction systems built, including some timber-based systems? And what can we do to tackle this? Relatively standard timber frame and SIPs constructions have been built in the UK for many decades, with lots of experience and expertise gained along the way.
The market is growing and any obstacles presented can generally be overcome. But this is not the case with more recent innovations where gaining traction is so much harder. And this at a time when government and many others are strongly encouraging the use of offsite, sustainable and innovative techniques to drive up quality and speed of construction.
Chair and introduction:
Your free ticket will give you access to...
- 250+ leading brands within the curated exhibition, demonstrating innovative solutions to the biggest challenges facing the built environment;
- products and learning across the six exhibition sections;
- game-changing products and solutions on the Innovation Trail;
- net-zero pioneers and influential thought-leaders taking centre stage;
- the Big Innovation Pitch LIVE led by Dr Oliver Jones of Ryder Architecture; and
- many exhibitor features, networking events, and more.
|Register for your free ticket|
27 April 2022
Moisture dynamics: the durability of CLT
26 April 2022
New Case Study: The Alice Hawthorn
26 April 2022