The UK is the second largest importer of sawnwood in the World (after China). With global demand for timber set to treble in the coming years the case for increasing UK production is overwhelming. The expansion of forestry is a win win, with the self-evident economic and employment benefits being supported by substantial climate change mitigation and the provision of a low-carbon resource for construction.
WoodBUILD 2019 will explore the features of a high-value forest nation and how Wales might get there. Speakers will address the new products and construction solutions that are driving an exciting new era of timber construction and forest science.
Event highlights include:
- Expert speakers on forestry and timber construction
- The Big Debate: How can Wales become a high-value forest nation?
- Launch of timber construction case study exhibition
- Updates on Home-Grown Homes Project
- Update on Innovative Housing Programme
- Exhibition of timber solutions