A practical five-day course to grade softwood to the visual strength grades set out in BS 4978: 2007+A1:2011 'Specification for visual grading of softwood'.
This course is £1190.00 +VAT for non-members and £1070.00 +VAT for members.
You should attend this course if you are involved in the selection supply of softwood for structural use. This course will provide:
- an introduction to timber, including the uses of strength graded timber
- the meaning of strength classes, an explanation of strength grading and the marking systems
- an understanding of the responsibilities of the grader and the grading company
- an introduction to the natural growth characteristics of wood using hand held samples
- practical exercises grading lengths of softwood timber.
The course also includes:
- practical exercises
- a written test.
Return the booking form or contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org