The fourth session of the Fundamentals of timber series is ‘Moisture in timber, Part 1’.
It will be presented by Lewis Taylor, Timber Frame Consultant and will cover:
• The most important timber issue to understand.
• What is green timber or seasoned timber?
• Understanding the amount of water in timber.
• Equilibrium Moisture Content (EMC) and Fibre Saturation Point (FSP).
• What does 12% moisture content mean?
• Why and how does the moisture content of timber change?
• Drying of timber and good methods of storing timber.
• Shrinkage and movement: are they the same?