A practical three-day course to grade hardwood to the visual strength grades set out in BS 5756: 2007+A1:2011 'Specification for visual grading of hardwood'.
This course is £715 +VAT for non-members and £645 +VAT for members.
You should attend this course if you are involved in the selection and supply of hardwood for structural use. Through classroom based interactive learning, practical days spent in the timber yard and a practical examination, this course will provide delegates with:
- an introduction to timber, including the uses of strength graded timber
- the meaning of strength classes, an explanation of strength grading and the
- marking systems
- an understanding of the responsibilities of the grader and the grading company
- an introduction to the natural growth characteristics of wood using hand held samples
- practical exercises grading lengths of hardwood timber.
The course also includes:
- practical exercises
- a written test
Please call 01494 569 750 or email email@example.com