Hardwoods in construction
In This Series
Provides technical information to help designers select suitable species from temperate and tropical sources. Covers the basis for structural design; stress grades, strength classes and introduces strength grouping. This opens the way for using lesser-known species.
Includes hardwood grading rules used in North America, West Africa and Malaysia. Also includes design examples, concentrating on jointing techniques.
- Hardwood trees and timber
- Conversion, sizes and methods of measurement
- Structural design
- Mechanically fastened structural joints
- Natural durability and treatment with preservatives
- Hardwood construction in exterior and adverse environments