|Deadline Extended to 29th June|
The TTJ Timber Innovation Award, jointly sponsored by TRADA and Timber Expo, is launched again this year with two categories for innovation. These categories recognise the extraordinary timber talent, creativity and resourcefulness shown by companies, individuals, universities and teams across the UK.
The winners will be unveiled at the the prestigious TTJ Awards dinner, held this year at the InterContinental, Park Lane, London, on 21st September 2018.
Categories for entering
- Innovative Product Development: Celebrating the whole or part of a pioneering product design, which demonstrates a measurable impact on the timber section. This category is open to companies, organisations and individuals.
- Innovative University Timber Research: Acknowledging work that university students carry out at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, breaking boundaries and demonstrating a measurable impact upon the timber sector. This category is open to final undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or Doctoral) students.
The winners of both categories of the Timber Innovation Award will benefit from an array of marketing benefits and the kudos of being the winner of an award that really pushes the boundaries in timber development. In the Innovative University Timber Research category only, the prize money is £200 plus 1 year’s full TRADA membership for the winner and £100 plus 1 year’s full TRADA membership for the runner-up.
Last year's winner of the Innovative University Timber Research category, Agustin Dieste, University of Edinburgh, said of the award:
“Winning the Innovative University Timber Research category has been an invaluable experience, both personally and professionally. The thrill of making the shortlist out of so many outstanding entries, representing the University of Edinburgh in the finals, gleaning feedback and advice from the judges, and scooping the top award – these have all been a life-changer for me.
“I would urge any student to enter this prestigious award. Above all, winning has allowed my research work to go farther and wider and, happily, with that, inspired lots of interest from colleagues around the world.”
Terms & conditions
Companies, organisations or individuals may enter the Innovative Product Development award category, providing:
- They either manufacture, distribute or own the property rights to the product / system;
- The product is fully or partially made using timber materials or assists with timber-based building materials (e.g. paints, coatings, adhesives, fixings etc);
- The product / system meets the appropriate UK building regulations, and health and safety standards; and
- The product must have been launched on to the market at the time of making this application.
Individuals may enter the Innovative University Timber Research award category, providing:
- The university or individual owns the intellectual property rights to the research / theories / products or systems described in the research project;
- The research has been carried out as either final year undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or Doctoral) work; and
- The research is complete and findings have been peer reviewed, or the research will be complete and will have been peer reviewed by 15th June 2018. The work can have been undertaken in previous academic years providing it hasn’t been previously submitted.
Enter the competition
To enter the TTJ Timber Innovation Award in either category, please contact Jane Lomas on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 569642 for an application form. Complete it and return along with your supporting information to:
Bucks HP14 4ND
|Request an application form now|
|Entry closes||29th June 2018||29th June 2018|
|Shortlisting completed||10th July 2018||2nd July 2018|
|Presentations by finalists||28th August 2018
|10th July 2018
|Winners announced||21st September 2018
|21st September 2018