Advisory Committee Member
Jonathan is a Technical Director at BuroHappold with over 20 years’ of structural engineering experience. He joined the firm after graduating from Bristol University and has been involved in delivering projects in all structural materials on projects across the world, but has a particular focus and passion for designing timber structures. He has played a key role in many of their most significant timber projects, including:
- Cork Airport hybrid timber/steel roof;
- Savill Building woven timber gridshell;
- Hounslow East timber lamella roof connections;
- University of Exeter Forum Project gridshell;
- Scunthorpe Pods gridshell;
- Westonbirt Arboretum Welcome Building Douglas fir frame;
- Westonbirt Arboretum Treetop Walkway; plus
- Various cross-laminated timber and hybrid/timber commercial office and residential projects.
He leads the firm’s timber engineering community, which is responsible for promoting the use of timber within the firm and developing the knowledge of the engineering teams in the use of timber. He is also visiting lecturer at Bath and Bristol Universities, and provides project support to students of timber engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US.